- List your rentals - it's free
- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
Find the latest rental rates on the Phuket property market
Phuket is the largest island in Thailand spread over 222 sq mi. Owing to its appearance the name of the island was derived from the word bukitin Malay which means hill. In the Patong beach, as early as the 1970’s beach bungalows started attracting tourists. This marked the beginning of the tourism on the island and there has been no turning back. The island that was once known as a popular supplier for tin and rubber is one of the largest tourism hubs in Thailand, today. Whether it is to set sail on a yacht over the weekend or to have a lazy beach vacation, this island has a lot to offer for the tourist. How is the island as a place of residence? Imagine living on a beach holiday villa, every day! Besides the blue beaches and the hot and humid weather, there is so much more to do on this beautiful island.
With the growing demand for properties to rent and with the ever-increasing population, the island has plenty of condos, houses, villas, townhouses, and apartments available to rent. The rental rates dropped in the year 2018 and have been pretty stable since then. Whether you are planning to settle alone or with your family, there is a wide range of properties to explore in Phuket. There are plenty of posh villas that you would be able to rent in the scenic district of Choeng-thale For those looking for a central location, that is also close to the popular tourist destination, Karon is an ideal spot and this is an area dotted by several popular apartment complexes with great amenities. This is a great location for those looking for a compact condo/Apartment where all the prominent spots on the island are easily accessible. So, whatever lifestyle you want and whatever your rental budget is there are properties to suit everyone’s requirements.
Being one of the most populous areas in the country Phuket is also teeming with tourists nearly all round the year. There are people of Malay descent and Chinese descent besides plenty of other immigrants. This party province is also a great place to reside with the family. Here are some of the most popular neighborhoods in Phuket known for residential settlements. So finding a rental property in any of these locations would fetch the best value for your rental expense and also keep you connected with the rest of the country.
If you are looking for low budget rental accommodations including furnished condos then Kathu area offers plenty of options.
Being one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world this island also has an ever-growing job market and Medical Facilities. Besides the tourism industry, the island is also known for the mining business and rich plantation activities. So there is a diverse assortment of jobs available. Phuket has a slightly higher cost of living than most other parts of Thailand. It is also the place where you should be heading if you are looking to rent a lavish resort or beachside villa. This place has some of the best luxury homes in the country for sale and for rent. Phuket’s real estate has always been known to be growing and there are plenty of people from other parts of the world who buy property on this island. So finding a rental property that fits your requirements can be easy and quick.
There is the irresistible benefit that you get to explore the many beaches during the weekends and try out any number of different outdoor activities. So every weekend can be a memorable holiday, not to forget the adventure water sports you can try! The diverse culture here is warm and welcoming for people from all over the world.
Phuket, renowned for its stunning landscapes and tranquil lifestyle, is a preferred destination for foreigners who wish to experience the best of what the tropical island has to offer. With a diverse range of neighborhoods and living options, Phuket ensures that foreign residents can find the perfect location to call their new home. A few prime areas where foreigners tend to reside in Phuket include:
1. Patong: As the heart of Phuket's nightlife scene, Patong is a bustling area that attracts a considerable number of foreign residents. With an abundance of shopping, dining, and recreational facilities, Patong is an ideal location for those who desire a lively environment.
2. Kata and Karon: Located towards the south of Patong, Kata and Karon are serene and picturesque coastal towns that appeal to families and retirees. These areas offer a variety of housing options, from affordable apartments to luxurious villas, and with easy access to pristine beaches and essential amenities, these towns have become increasingly popular among foreign residents.
3. Kamala: Situated along the west coast, Kamala is a delightful beachside town that provides a laid-back atmosphere for foreigners who value tranquility and privacy. With a range of high-end residential properties, Kamala is a favorite among affluent expats and long-term visitors.
4. Surin and Bang Tao: These neighboring areas boast stunning beaches, luxury resorts, and prestigious gated communities, making them attractive to foreigners seeking an upscale living experience. Surin and Bang Tao offer a wide array of amenities and leisure activities, and are well-regarded for their elite reputations and first-class facilities.
5. Phuket Town: As the island's administrative and cultural center, Phuket Town is home to a diverse mix of foreign residents. The town provides a unique living experience, featuring charming Sino-Portuguese architecture and a sophisticated art scene. Phuket Town caters to foreign residents seeking a blend of modern conveniences and traditional Thai heritage.
It may be worthwhile to hire a local property management company that can help you find a house in the location and with the features you desire. When choosing your Phuket rental home or apartment, consider things like whether it will be furnished (if desired), the location and condition of the house, and whether it has amenities such as parking. Searching for a long-term rental property on our website is free and easy. You can be sure that all available rentals advertised on FazWaz Listings are 100% verified and an authorised Seller Representative, in case you have any questions.
Yes, foreigners can rent property in Phuket, Thailand. However, there are certain regulations that must be followed.
Foreigners are allowed to rent property in Phuket for up to 30 years, but the lease agreement must be registered with the Land Department. The lease agreement should also include provisions for renewal of the lease and the right to transfer the lease to another party.
It is important to work with a reputable real estate agent or property management company when renting property in Phuket to ensure that all legal requirements are met and to avoid any potential issues.
Neighboring Areas If you're searching for places to live in Phuket, you may want to look in some of the neighboring areas. For example, Nai Harn is a small coastal village and beach resort that neighbours central Phuket Town. It's known for its beautiful restaurants and shops, as well as its plentiful beaches such as Traveller's Beach and Nai Thon Beach. While the area does attract tourists, it's still relatively quiet, and you'll often find locals enjoying the beaches. Another popular destination for expats near Phuket is Karon Beach, which is a charming coastal town just north from Patong Beach. If you love joyful streetscapes, local markets and street food,