- List your property - it's free
- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
Learn more about the Krabi property market through trends and average prices.
Absolutely! Foreigners are welcome to purchase property in Krabi, a picturesque and sought-after location in Thailand. In recent years, Krabi has gained popularity among global investors and expatriates for its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and modern infrastructure. The Thai government has made it relatively easy for international buyers to invest in the local real estate market, with several options available to suit your needs.
It is essential to note that while foreigners can acquire condominium units, they cannot directly own freehold land. However, there are alternative ways to secure your dream property in Krabi.
1. Condominium Ownership: Foreign nationals can legally own up to 49% of the total saleable area in a condominium building. The remaining 51% must be owned by Thai nationals. Purchasing a condominium unit is a relatively straightforward process and a popular choice among international buyers.
2. Leasehold: Another option for foreigners is to obtain a long-term lease on the land, typically up to 30 years, with the possibility of renewal for an additional 30 years. Although leasehold ownership does not grant you full rights as a freehold owner would have, it is a secure and viable alternative that allows you to build or buy a house on the leased land.
3. Thai Limited Company: Foreigners can also set up a Thai limited company to purchase land in Krabi. By doing so, you'll be able to acquire land and property under the company's name, so long as the majority of the company's shares (51% or more) are owned by Thai nationals. This method requires substantial paperwork, legal compliance, and professional assistance, but it is a viable option for those looking for full land ownership.
To ensure a smooth and successful property purchase in Krabi, it is highly recommended that you enlist the services of a professional real estate agent and seek legal advice. These professionals will guide you through the entire process, from selecting the most suitable property to finalizing the transaction, ensuring
Selecting the perfect location to call home in Krabi depends on your priorities, lifestyle preferences, and budget. This captivating region of Thailand boasts a wide range of neighborhoods and environments, each with its unique charm and characteristics. To help you make an informed decision, we have highlighted some of the top residential areas in Krabi.
1. Ao Nang: Known for its picturesque beach and stunning limestone cliffs, Ao Nang is a popular tourist destination that also appeals to long-term residents. The area has a wide variety of restaurants, bars, and shops, ensuring that your daily needs and recreational desires are well catered for. Additionally, Ao Nang has excellent transport links and access to nearby islands, making it an ideal choice for those who love to explore, as well as beach lovers.
2. Krabi Town: If you prefer a more authentic Thai experience, Krabi Town offers a bustling local atmosphere steeped in rich culture and tradition. The town has a relaxed vibe, and you'll find an array of markets, street food vendors, temples, and cultural events. The cost of living is generally lower in Krabi Town compared to the more touristy areas, making it attractive for those on a budget or seeking a more long-term residence.
3. Klong Muang: For a more tranquil and upscale experience, Klong Muang provides a serene escape from the bustling tourist hubs. The area features prestigious resorts and luxury villas, as well as a beautiful, less crowded beach. Klong Muang is perfect for those seeking privacy, exclusivity, and a slower-paced way of life.
4. Railay Bay: Accessible only by boat, Railay Bay offers a unique living experience with its stunning limestone cliffs, pristine beaches, and limited development. For those who appreciate outdoor activities, such as rock climbing, kayaking and hiking, Railay Bay is an excellent choice. However, be prepared for slightly limited access to amenities when compared to other areas in Krabi.
The cost of purchasing land in Krabi, Thailand, depends on several factors including location, size, and availability of necessary amenities. It is essential to consider these aspects to get an accurate understanding of the land's value and make an informed decision as a potential buyer.
In general, the price for land located near popular tourist areas, such as Ao Nang, Railay Beach, or Klong Muang, will be higher due to high demand and prime positioning. Currently, the cost for land in these areas ranges from 7 to 15 million THB (Thai Baht) per rai, equivalent to 1,600 to 3,500 USD per square wah or 400 to 875 USD per square meter.
On the other hand, land located in less developed areas, such as Krabi Town or more rural regions, may cost significantly less. In these areas, prices can start from 1 to 5 million THB per rai, which equates to 230 to 1,150 USD per square wah or 57.5 to 287.5 USD per square meter. However, it is crucial to consider the additional expenses and effort required for infrastructure development in such locations.
Furthermore, the land's zoning and intended purpose also impact the price. Land designated for commercial, industrial, or residential use may be subject to different pricing structures, legal regulations, and purchasing processes. Additionally, the cost for land that has access to essential utilities, such as electricity, water supply, and transportation, may be higher than those without such provisions.
In conclusion, the cost of buying land in Krabi varies significantly based on location, size, accessibility, and intended use. Potential buyers should conduct thorough research, engage with local professionals, and take into account the associated expenses and legal requirements to make an informed and strategic decision when purchasing land in this area.
Hey there, house hunters! Looking for a new home in Krabi, Thailand? You're in for a treat because Krabi is a beautiful place to live, offering a mix of serene landscapes, stunning beaches, and friendly neighborhood vibes. Let's dive into what you can expect when it comes to the average price of a house in this tropical paradise.
Now, house prices in Krabi can vary quite a bit depending on factors such as location, size, and property type, so keep that in mind. On average, single-detached houses or villas in Krabi can range from 3 million THB (approximately $90,000) to as high as 30 million THB (around $900,000).
If you're on a more modest budget, you can find decent 2-3 bedroom houses for around 3-5 million THB ($90,000 - $150,000) in areas a little further from the popular tourist spots. These homes usually come with basic amenities and modest yard spaces, perfect for a small family or a couple.
As you venture closer to the beach or opt for more luxurious homes, expect to see prices rise to 10-30 million THB ($300,000 - $900,000) for upscale villas with private pools, spacious living areas, and stunning views. These homes cater to those looking for an exquisite lifestyle and often come with premium fixtures and high-quality construction.
In summary, the average house price in Krabi varies quite a bit based on the type of property, location, and amenities you're looking for. With a wide range of options from cozy family homes to luxurious beachfront villas, you're sure to find the ideal home that fits your budget and caters to your unique tastes. Happy house hunting!